30 July 2013

The Names of God – יהושׁע, yehôshûa‛, Jehovah is Salvation - Jesus

Greetings Dear Reader,

Instead of delving into the name by which we know the Messiah I want to ponder for a moment the many titles that we ascribe to Jesus.  Many years ago a dear friend, Allison, created a beautiful piece of art that depicts the names that we give to Jesus.  She gave it to me as a gift at the end of the semester and I still have it. 

I look at it almost daily to remind me of the one I try to follow.  The total list of names and titles for Jesus in the Bible is over 200.  Below is a part of that list.  I think I will let them speak for themselves.  They do for me.

Original Art by Allison Young



Advocate
Almighty
Almighty God
Alpha and Omega
Amen, The
Ancient of Days
Anointed One
Author of Salvation
Begotten
Beloved Son of God
Blessed of God
Bread of Life
Bridegroom
Bright and Morning Star
Chief Cornerstone
Chosen of God
Christ
Comforter
Consolation of Israel
Cornerstone
Counselor
Creator of All Things
Deliverer
Divine Son
Emmanuel
Eternal God
Eternal Head
Eternal Judge
Faithful and True
Finisher of faith
Firstborn
Firstfruits
Forerunner
God
God's Anointed
Good Shepherd
Governor
Great I AM
Head of the Body
Healer
Heir of All Things
Holy One
I AM
Image of God
Immanuel
Jehovah
King
King of Kings
King of Zion/Sion
King of the Jews
Lamb of God
Light of the World
Lion of the Tribe of Judah
Living Stone
Living Water
Lord
Master
Mediator
Messiah
Mighty God
Most High God
Only Begotten of the Father
Our Passover
Physician
Prince of Peace
Prophet
Propitiation for our Sins
Rabbi
Redeemer
Resurrection
Revealer
Righteous Judge
Root of Jesse
Savior of the World
Seed of Abraham
Seed of David
Seed of the Woman
Shepherd
Son of God
Son of Man
Son of Righteousness
Spiritual Rock
True Vine
The Way, the Truth, the life
Wonderful
Word of Life
Word, the
Worthy

This is who I try to follow.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment