08 July 2013

The Riddle – What is the Riddle?

Greetings Dear Reader,

First I must ask if you have listened to the song.  If you have not it would be worth it to go to yesterday’s link and listen.  It will give one context.  Second I need to address what the riddle is.

It is the question we all ponder and I will attempt to answer it.  It is a timeless question.  What is the reason for the world and our existence?  I know that there are those who disagree with me and that is an option.  I believe that design demands a designer.  I believe that the world was intelligently designed with a purpose.

What this song does is ask that question from the perspective of the beautiful things in the world.  One of the paths to discover of my purpose was to see what is beautiful about our world.  While I find great beauty in the natural world I find more infinite beauty in the human spirit.

When we band together we are amazing in our ability to do good.  When an individual is kind he or she transcends something intangible.  In this song Michael Ondrasik captures some of those moments so well.  The moment between a father and a son when the father challenges him to seek the reason for the world is so important.

He uses art (a Dylan song), the natural world (eclipse of the moon), and love (swoon) to show the many ways in which we can see that we have a purpose.  I know that these kinds of things all speak to me.  I know that they inform my belief and more importantly my questions.

The beautiful things of the world should push me to seek and to see the purpose of the world.  We can create, observe, and experience beautiful things.  Why?  What is intended of this?  How does it benefit us if we are not designed by something greater than us?  The world tells us that beauty matters.  It drives me to seek the source of that beauty.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment