04 August 2013

A Prayer for the World

Greetings Dear Reader,

I remember when I was young praying for the world in a generic way.  It went something like “and God bless the whole world”.   I ask now what do I wish for the world?  I think he already blesses the world with little acknowledgment for that blessing.

My prayer would be that people would see God for who he is and not for the image that man has made him into.  I do not thing even those who believe begin to see the depth to which God loves us. 

Humans make war over how we are to serve God when what he asks is that we love each other.  My prayer would be that we try his way first.  How much would it hurt for us to be loving to everyone?  I try and when I succeed it feels pretty good.  When kindness flows from me to others it changes things.

My prayer would be that we see how much God really gives us and that we would try to give something back.  We blame God instead of thanking him.  Some of us only call on him when in need.  Others word to prove he is not there.

I think that we have become so caught up in our own sense of superiority that we have dulled the need that lives within us to connect to that which is greater than us.  So often I see that others need to be loved for who they are and accepted with all of their flaws.  No matter what men have said about God this is what he offers us.  My prayer is that the world could see God and all that he truly offers them.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment