25 August 2013

Dare You to Move – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I can remember times in my life where I have frozen in fear.  It has been a long time buy I still feel the moments and the eternity it took to pass through them.  I could recount a couple of those stories for your benefit but will instead move on to my point. 

Fear can bind us.  It can keep us from action when it is vital that we move.  In facing one of my own fears during the month I wish to ponder the things surrounding facing fear.  As a back drop or spring board for this I will tether to the song Dare You To Move by Switchfoot.  I have liked the song since it first debuted. 

Recently whilst driving it had its turn on the MP3 player and I found that I put it on repeat for the entire two hour drive.  I do this when a song impacts me until I reason out what it is trying to tell me.  Since this particular impact merits some thought, introspection, and reflection I am going to camp here for the coming week.  Although I am camping they will not be zero days on the journey.

I have much to learn about dealing with fear and am sure the lessons will make the time to pull up stakes and travel on all the sweeter.  Camp with me for a bit if you wish.  The fire is warm and the music is good.


Welcome to the planet
Welcome to existence
Everyone's here
Everyone's here
Everybody's watching you now
Everybody waits for you now
What happens next
What happens next

I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened before

Welcome to the fallout
Welcome to resistance
The tension is here
Tension is here
Between who you are and who you could be
Between how it is and how it should be

I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened before

Maybe redemption has stories to tell
Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell
Where can you run to escape from yourself?
Where you gonna go?
Where you gonna go?
Salvation is here

I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened
Today never happened
Today never happened before

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous25/8/13 15:32

    I understand that fear, even though we each own different ones. As a single Mom, I had so many. Would I have enough money for groceries, could I cloth my children for the Winter, would I miss the bus and be late to work, how would I find another job before we ran out of money, who would watch my children while I went to night school, on and on?? I forgot that HE was there, loved me and would handle it.
    I know U know HE loves you and will take care of you.N 13-

    ReplyDelete