26 August 2013

Dare You to Move – Redemption

Greetings Dear Reader,

When I teach my students about project management one of the things that I stress is process.  Everything has a process.  If you think about most people do daily tasks the same way every day.  We have a process for how we brush out teeth.  We have a process for how we dress or prepare a meal.  In most cases learning how to do something is learning the process.

I think that sometimes I forget that redemption is a process.  I do not know the entire process because I am not the one doing the redeeming.  I know that I am fallen.  I know that I have to have faith.  I know that I have to follow.  The problem is that I do not always see my own sin.  I am still prideful.  I still want my own will in many ways.  The redemption process takes a lifetime.  I want it to be done.

In the redemption process God is the one doing the redeeming.  The difficulty is that the subject of redemption is not always willing to cooperate.  Imagine trying to brush your teeth if the toothpaste were running off the toothbrush.  We constantly argue with God about how to make the process work or worse we refuse to participate.

In order for the process to work I have to move.  I have to change.  I have to be processed.  I realize that sounds cold but it is not.  The process is loving and healing.  If I am honest I know that even when the process of redemption is painful I am thankful when I move closer to being what is right and good. 

I participate in the process.  I am part of a great plan.  I am a single task in the eternal process.  There are stories to tell and I must be my part in the redemption story.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment