30 August 2013

Dare You to Move – Welcome to the Fallout

Greetings Dear Reader,

There is always fallout when we fall.  When I fail to faithfully follow Christ there is always collateral damage.  There is harm done to others just through my disobedience and faithlessness.  The big problem is that when I do not follow faithfully my selfishness keeps me from seeing the damage that I inflict.

I think that we do not really count the cost to others when we fail in our obligation to Christ.  When I sin it hurts those around me.  My failures as a husband caused harm to my children.  I was too blinded by the “need” to quell my own pain to see the fallout I was and would cause.  When we fail at faith and following or when we walk away from it altogether we do not see the great damage we do to others.

Everything about refusal to move toward Christ and remain faithful to him causes damage to others.  When I abandon my obligations to Christ for a moment or for good I harm others.  Since the abandonment is intentional so is the collateral damage no matter how much I might not intend it.

God is not to blame for any of my failures but others will blame him when my failures harm them.  This alone is reason to be more vigilant concerning my following Christ.  I cannot undo the damage I have already done with my failures.  I can, however, work to mitigate the fallout.  I can seek forgiveness and offer restitution.  I can live my life in such a way that shows I have learned from my failures.  I can move toward Christ in humility and love and dare others to do so as well.  I dare you to move. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous30/8/13 11:19

    This was so beautiful and I can identify with it in every way possible. I am still paying for the mistakes I have made as there are some who will never forgive me. You are a brave soul to write and acknowledge our mistakes. Too many are not willing to do so. ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is not to blame for any of my failures but others will blame him when my failures harm them. - love this line. So true and I need to realize it more.

    ReplyDelete