20 August 2013

Pecan Pie for Breakfast

Greetings Dear Reader,

Yesterday morning I had some pecan pie for breakfast.  I have not done this in many years.  I used to do it all the time with my Grandfather when I was very young.   Every time I see pecan pie I think of him.

I am amazed at how much this draws me toward Christ.  I want to honor my Grandfather.  He was a man of deep faith.  When I eat pecan pie in the morning I can remember when we would go fishing or hunting and we would enjoy this ritual.  I rarely eat this joyous treat any more since it seriously impacts my blood sugar.

Yesterday, however, I needed the moment.  I needed to remember courage, service, and faith.  The taste and smell of that pecan pie reminded me of the lessons I was taught in these areas.  Encouraged by memories and faith I faced the day and its challenges.  I did OK. 

It is in following Christ that I find my true strength.  I do not always see how I am going to get through things so I must trust and follow.  It does make things much easier.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous20/8/13 13:45

    What a sweet memory and a joyous time you and your grandfather shared. Mmmm. Pecan Pie for breakfast. I must try that some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous22/8/13 17:32

    Now you may understand why you were spending days with him. Since another person was not there for you when you were very young, I knew he would give you wonderful memories. 💗

    ReplyDelete