03 August 2013

Second Thoughts - Last Game of the Season

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

Last night Christmas and I attended our last baseball game for the season.  This is a local team in a summer college league.  It is great baseball in a lovely family atmosphere.  The tickets are inexpensive and the food is good.  The staff is friendly.

Even though the home team lost the game was exciting and the night perfect.  A warm evening and overcast sky yielded a beautiful orange sunset.  I ate my fill of brats and chips. Christmas had bacon wrapped corn on the cob.

Seated in front of us were two young boys with their mum and dad.  It was so much fun to watch these boys develop a love a baseball under the tutelage of their parents.  It was also fun to watch the dad turn into a little boy for a moment when the “beer batter” struck out making beer two for one for the rest of the inning.

All that I love about baseball was present in last night’s game.  As summer catches a glimpse of autumn on the horizon my Braves are in solid command of first place in their division.  I will likely not see another game in person until spring.  I will follow the Braves closely win or lose.   

The investment I made in live baseball this summer has been wonderful.  I was able to see games with all my children.  Both my Grandsons attended as well.  I think that next year I will attend even more games.  It does something to my spirit to be there that translates into me being better in other areas.  That alone is worth the investment.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."


No comments:

Post a Comment