16 August 2013

The Grumpy Man

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have a favorite diner.  At that diner I have a favorite waitress.  When I take my weekly breakfast out at this diner I usually sit in the same seat.  Some think I am a creature of habit.

Last summer I wrote about a man who treated my favorite waitress rudely because he was in a hurry.  He excuse for his behavior was that he had to go help his church and he was running late.  Again this year he did the same.  I could see how hurt my friend the waitress was by his words and actions.

After he rushed off she confided in me that she has learned that one of her children has just be diagnosed with a chronic illness.  The grumpy man has no idea how much hurt his actions caused.

I was able to both comfort and aid my friend.  This did, however, cause me to consider when I am impatient with others.  How often does my self-centeredness cause others stress when they are already under a great burden?

The only way I can see clearly to follow Christ is to assure that I get my eyes off of my own interests and invest in the needs of others.  It is my duty to do so.  It is a joy to accomplish it.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous17/8/13 10:57

    He was taking out his failure to be on time for an
    Appointment on the person who was NOT responsible. It was not her fault. He should have gone without breakfast if he was so late. Cannot believe a church member too!n

    ReplyDelete