01 August 2013

The Morning Mist

Greetings Dear Reader,

The last couple of mornings there has been a deep mist over the fields outside my window.  It shrouds the grass and corn so that in some areas it seems as if a cloud has descended in the night to nap upon the ground.  I love how the mist swirls and flows with the movement of air and vacillation of temperature.

When driving at this time of morning I truly enjoy watching the sun play on the mist in fields and valleys.  It is a time when I am reminded that the world hides beautiful things with other beautiful things at times.  Things shrouded in the mist can be forgotten but the beauty of the mist is never lost on me.

The mist in its loveliness is temporal and fleeting.  It is magical and mysterious.  If I do not take the time to enjoy it the sun will quickly burn it away and the opportunity will be lost.  I am thankful for the mist of a cool morning and the way in which it reminds me that God is a constant artist in the world.  It also reminds me that he is a constant artist in my life.  For this I am also very thankful. 


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."


No comments:

Post a Comment