22 August 2013

The Possibility Factor – The Positive

Greetings Dear Reader,

Yesterday I spoke of creating negative possibilities in others through our actions.  What about our potential to see the good possibilities?  I think one of the key things in following Christ is the eternal positive potential.  No matter how dark it is, no matter how painful it is, and no matter how bleak the moment is there exits the eternal potential those things will get better.  There is always hope.

I have the possibility every day to create good things in others.  I can be kind.  I can look for the good in someone and try to enhance it.  Currently I work with someone who is in a very negative state of mind.  This means that daily I have the opportunity to inject positive things into his life.  The possibility exists for me to change a moment in his life by being kind.

Every moment has that possibility.  I can assure that people become accustomed to me being kind and loving.  I can live the possibility of being good to people.  I can choose that the possibility exits and can be realized that every day I can create the anticipation that when you talk to me I will be good to you.

The journey of following Christ is as much about how I treat others as it is about the quest for holiness.  If I cannot be good to you then I cannot follow Christ.  It really is that simple.  It is not that I must demand that others be good to me but that I must assure that I am good to others.  I must live the possibility of the redeemed world I seek.  I must create hope in others by that life.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous22/8/13 08:54

    How does hope return to one who has lived with various forms of abuse during their life? Believe in GOD and Jesus exists, but hope is dwindling . m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greeting m,
    Hope is a product of faith and following. If we believe that God and Jesus are who they claim to be then we must follow knowing that they know best. During the darkest times of my life the ONLY thing that kept me going was faith. It is what fuels hope. Feel free to ask more about this. I do not know it all but I have traveled this path for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete