21 August 2013

The Possibility Factor

Greetings Dear Reader,

We must always consider possibilities as we journey.  I must also realize that I create possibilities for others.  When I wrong someone else either by intent or error I create the possibility for that individual that I will do it again.

It is easy for us to see this in the extreme.  A woman who has been abused by men all her life must live with the possibility that every man is a potential abuser.  No matter how far it is from the truth with an individual man the possibility always lurks in the mind of the abused.

I must consider this on other matters as well.  If I treat someone unkindly is that not also creating the possibility that I will be unkind again?  If I reject someone do I not set up a lifelong potential in that person that I will reject them again?

This is why I must assure that I ride herd on all my actions.  I am bound by faith and following to treat every interaction with this damaging potential.  I must be humble, loving, and kind to everyone.  Once I am not (and I have done this too often) I create in that person the possibility that I will be prideful, unloving, and unkind to them again.  At some point the repetition of this failure can become too much for the other person to risk.  He may forgive me but that does not mean he will risk trusting me in this area again.

It is vital that we make peace with others when they wrong us.  It is also vital that I assure that I do not create barriers to that peace in others by my behavior and attitudes.  Once I lie, reject, or disapprove of someone I create the possibility that I will do it again.  I even for observers on the sidelines create that possibility that I will do it to them.  This is not what I am supposed to put into the world.   

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment