11 August 2013

Throwing Stones – When You Are Right

Greetings Dear Reader,

When someone else discovers that I am right about something there is a moment of power.  There is a moment when I have a choice to make.  How am I going to respond to being right.  I know that at times I use that moment to whittle down the person who disagreed with me.  This is always wrong.

When I am right I have the opportunity to hand out grace and kindness instead of throwing stones.  I can be humble and respectful.  This is the best thing to do when I am in the position of being right.

Too often our culture uses being right to belittle and dominate those in the wrong.  It damages relationships to do this.  As a Christ follower I am to be humble.  I am to act in a way that shows respect and love.  I am not to quarrel. 

When I am right I have no reason to throw stones and every reason to pass out as much grace as possible.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment