23 August 2013

When the Willow Bends

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have mentioned that I have a beautiful willow tree in my yard.  It forms a curtain over my driveway that visitors often find entertaining.  Earlier this week during a storm I noticed that the wind was whipping the great tree about more than usual.

The shaggy green giant almost seemed to be bending to the ground against the assault of the wind.  A couple of smaller branches came off and skittered across the yard.  Watching from the shelter of my porch I noticed that the tree would not straighten up instantly when the wind gave pause.  Instead it would rise slowly back to its towering place over the driveway and front yard.

The result was that it did not need to bend as far when the wind renewed its howling.  Instead it bent again but only half the distance.  It made me wonder how often I try to recover form things too quickly when I should instead ride the storm out a bit longer.  That old willow is beautiful and strong.  Partly I think this is due to its patience with storms that it knows will pass.  I have more to learn from this I am sure.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment