03 September 2013

Dare You to Move – What Happens Next?

Greetings Dear Reader,

In all of my blogging I always end with the same question in my mind: “So what?”  In this case it is phrased as “What happens next?”   It does no good for me to ponder any of this if it does not change me. 

So as I examine each of the things that are true about my brokenness and fallen nature I need to ask this question.  I need to see the areas clearly where I do or do not move in my faith and I need to change them.  I need lovingly to challenge others to do the same. 

Everything about following Christ is about living in the moment and being a part of what happens next.  I do not spend too much time focused on the long view of what happens next.  The truth is that a lot of it is a mystery to me.  I have my hands full staying focused on the next moment in follow Christ. 

I must have an eye to what happens next because others are watching me.  Others wait to see what I do.  If I do not move then they watch and are forced to wait or move on without me.  Whether I wish it or not, my following give me a responsibility.  I know some who refuse to follow for this very reason.  It is not a valid reason for me not to follow.

Those of us who know Christ are to move toward him as loving examples of who he calls us to become.  Those who do not know him will see us doing this and have another reason to move as well.  What happens next is up to each of us.  It is our free choice.  I dare you to move.   


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. The responsibility of being a follower has been hitting me lately. Something I need to consider more than I do.

    ReplyDelete