29 September 2013

Jesus Toast

Greetings Dear Reader,

Please note that as I write this my tongue is firmly implanted in my cheek.  I mean no disrespect to anyone but this topic has had me up far too early today.  It was spawned by a discussion of racist peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  That, however, is a discussion best left for later.

It did get me thinking about Jesus toast.  There are several incidents available for view where the image of Jesus has been seen on toast.  I have also found Jesus French toast and Jesus pancakes.  There is Jesus grilled cheese out there as well.  In my searching I also found Jesus tortillas, English muffins, and waffles.  Since most Waffle Houses are in the Bible belt this makes sense. 

Added to my discoveries was that one can purchase Jesus toasters, sandwich grills, and waffle irons.  I would much prefer my encounters with Jesus to be natural rather and arranged through hot iron manipulation.  If Jesus is going to show up on my toast I want it to be because he directly intervened rather than a friend who has a Jesus toaster.

Of course anything that calls attention to Jesus is OK by me.  I think there are things that are absurd like a Jesus toaster.  I also think those things give opportunity for those who take Christ seriously to show a difference in how they respond to things having to do with God.

If I find Jesus on my grilled cheese sandwich I will likely capture the image on my phone and eat the sandwich before it gets cold.  I cannot fathom any honorable purpose for selling said sandwich on eBay.  What intrigues and troubles me the most about all of this is that people will clamor to see the image of Jesus on and English muffin but will not put forth the effort to see him in their lives.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment