09 September 2013

Old Letters Still Speak

Greetings Dear Reader,

Over the weekend I spent some time cleaning out old emails from my Exchange.  I have several email addresses I use for differing purposes and the flotsam and jetsam can accrue unnoticed over time. 

At the bottom of the “stack” in one account were emails from a dear friend who passed away in late 2010. 
She is one of those people for whom humility and encouragement are natural traits. It stuck me how much her words still reach my heart.  It resounded within me how much good she did with her life when she would have been justified to allow others to care for her.

Even though we can no longer talk her past letters still remind me of who I can be when I choose to follow Christ with all my heart.  The letters also put me in mind of how permanent things that are said can be for others.  When we write, post, or blog we are putting things out there that will not go away.

When we say things that are loving and kind we build things that are good.  When we intrude and do not observe the boundaries of others we do damage both socially and publically.  I have a friend who constantly refuses to respect the boundaries of others and he/she wonders why people keep their distance. 

What I put out there tells others who I am much more clearly that who I say I am.  It does not matter what my intent may be I must assure that what I say is positive and uplifting.  I must focus on giving not getting.  I must seek to love others selflessly not so that I can feel loved.  I must leave a legacy of words that fill others with love, hope, and faith.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9/9/13 10:55

    A letter was written to me by my beautiful son a few years
    Ago that broke my heart. So I understand what words, especially written can do to one.

    ReplyDelete