11 September 2013

On Sin – There is no Sin

Greetings Dear Reader,

The first real problem with sin is that we deny its existence.  John, Jesus’ best friend explained that if we say we have not sin then we are lying.  The logical impact there is that lying is a sin, therefore, when we say that we do not sin we sin.

I do not need to dwell on my sin but I do need to be constantly aware that part of me seeks to be selfish, greedy, and unloving most of the time.  This focus is why God makes it so clear that our primary responsibilities are to love him and each other.

In many areas we hear that the first step to solving a problem is to acknowledge that we have a problem.  Since anything I do that is not in harmony with God is sin then I must acknowledge that I do things that are not in harmony with God.  This is partially because of my own choices and also because I have a nature that is not aligned with God.

I am prone to sin.  It can be seen in small children so easily.  They are sweet but can be very selfish without be taught to be so.  I have a predisposition to do that which is outside of the nature of God.  I am, therefore, I sin.

This is not a hopeless situation but it is a dire one.  That which is not in line with who God is separates me from him.  The problem of sin is that it is a barrier in my journey toward God.  That is what is so unacceptable about it.  If I say I do not sin then I am bound by a barrier I refuse to acknowledge.  I cannot overcome what I deny.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment