20 September 2013

Social Media – Angry Posts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I want to first say that I understand the need to release our anger and frustrations.  It is necessary to good health to not internalize too much.   That, however, is not justification for me to vent my visceral feelings publicly to all my friends.

So often I see people vent anger in hopes of getting virtual support.  Whilst the need for that support is understandable it becomes self-serving when done publicly.  I have given in to this from time to time and realize that it does not help me deal with the issue.

Any time I vent my anger instead of seeking to deal with it appropriately I am doing wrong.  It does not matter if I do it vaguely on a Face Book post.  It is not OK for me to malign someone publicly even if I do not say who it is.  Indulging my anger over dealing with the situation in love and grace is always wrong.

So much of what we do on social media it out there forever.  I recently came across a comment I had made two years ago.  I was ashamed of what I had said in a moment of anger and how horrid it sounded removed from the incident.  I do not want to do that ever again.

It is easy to post what you feel.  For me it is better to post what is good.  In dealing with my anger I should do it peacefully and privately. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment