04 October 2013

Dormant Faith – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I could simply post here a single thought: There are no secular issues.  Of course I am never that short spoken and a little exposition here is warranted.  From my waking thoughts to my last ones each day before sleep claims me I am accountable for all that I think and do.

There is no area where my following Christ does not matter.  This is not something that is designed to engender guilt.  It is a hope and reassurance that if I seek God with all my heart I will find him.  If I try to compartmentalize any area of my being away from God it will erode my faith. 

Nothing about following Christ is limited.  Every thought matters.  Every idle word spoken must be his.  Every action must be an act of faith that I am doing all that I can to reflect Christ.  There is no time off or vacation.  We are always on.  I cannot react in anger.  I must respond in love.  I cannot push back.  I must listen and understand.  I must give my very best to the following and allow the rest to work itself out.

It does not matter how I feel.  It does not matter what I want for myself.  If I keep my faith vibrant and follow in that faith everything else will unfold as it should.  The danger exists when I begin to cut out areas that I think I can sequester from Christ.  Eventually I will cut out enough of them that I will mothball my faith and harm those I love.  I have done it before and am determined not to do it again.  How about you Dear Reader?  

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment