01 October 2013

Dormant Faith – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the things that I ponder often is the life of those who claim to believe the things I believe but do nothing to live it out.  This is not a judgment nor is it going to be an attack on anyone.   James, the brother of Jesus tells us that if our faith is without action then it is dead. 

Since faith is to inform everything I do I need to consider the consequences of packing away my faith in any area of my life.  Why would I do this?  What is it that causes people to declare an area free from their faith?  Even if one does this does it work? 

I am also aware that those who seem to have put away their faith entirely.  Someone recently said to me that they still believe but it is too difficult to live out what he believes.  When people take this position it translates to me that there are issues which they do not wish to address.  I know that is what I am doing when I do this.

I am going to spend some time pondering this issue and walk through a few of the areas I know that I struggle with.  Hopefully I will find a way to minimize the areas in which I try to mothball my faith.  Travel with me if you wish.  As always, Dear Reader I value your thoughts and questions.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment