23 October 2013

Rendering Aid

Greetings Dear Reader,

Three times yesterday people asked me for assistance that had nothing to do with my day to day routine.  The nature of all three was very different.  All three requests were ones I was pleased to fulfill.

I will not recount all three but to say that they were quite divergent.  One was important to the person and fulfilled with a few mouse clicks.  One drew on my knowledge in the area of technology.  The third required me to be available, compassionate, and loving.

All three were vital to who I am as a follower of Christ.  By nature we seek the things that are serious and I think overlook the value in doing the mundane.  I spend the bulk of my working hours pouring my energy into my students and my writing.  I forget sometimes that when I support someone in something simple that is vital to my journey as well.

Any heartfelt aid that I render matters.  The mouse clicks and the easy to do may mean more to others than we realize in the moment.  Jesus did say that even a cup of cold water given in his name matters.   I just need to remember that my cup of cold water may be someone else’s solution to a dire thirst.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment