13 October 2013

Songs That Sustain Me – The Vigil

Greetings Dear Reader,

This is the title song for an entire album.  When I first discovered this music I was 22 years old.  I wore out two cassette tapes before I was able to obtain it on CD.  The entire album is worth your time to hear.

This title song is one I play through my mind almost every morning.  It expresses who I wish to be as a Christ follower.  This is the only war I care to wage.  Coupled with another song, Doulos on the album I find both my mission who I desire to become in Christ.

I could not find a link to this particular song but I found a playlist for most of the album.  This album is worth owning.  Kemper Crabb is worth understanding.  Through both dark and bright times this music sustains my walk and my journey.  Enjoy!

Kemper Crabb

Waiting for flame in eye of night, I am the fuel for your fire
Light calls ever unto light. Make me a fleshen pyre.
Touch my lips with the altering coal; leave your shining upon my soul.
Zion shall ever be my goal; Zion the telling of light.

Scanning the silence with inward ears; life is a listening.
Enfolded in echoes of timeless years; the Word comes whistling.
Build my being from your throat; meld my meaning with every note.
Wrap me round in an aural cloak, so I may truly hear.

Drawn towards destinies darkling kite, riven by reality
Riding the passion to terrible height, life upon death’s tree
Cause me to drink from the chalice of fire. Forge me anew in the heat of desire
Let me inhabit the holy empire and make war on the armies of night.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. Weird version you use! this is the Amplified version (so very different than yours!)

    He said to them, Therefore every [s]teacher and interpreter of the Sacred Writings who has been instructed about and trained for the kingdom of heaven and has [t]become a disciple is like a householder who brings forth out of his storehouse treasure that is new and [treasure that is] old [the fresh as well as the familiar].

    ReplyDelete