17 October 2013

What is Selfless Faith – Internal Measures

Greetings Dear Reader,

As I ponder what my faith must be to be selfless I consider what my motives are in my interactions with others.  Every interaction must be motivated by seeking the good of others.  If I genuinely wish to follow Christ then I must be motivated by his examples.

I am not to seek my own benefit but to seek to show love and grace to others.  I am required to put others first.  It is not enough, however, to do this out of requirement.  I must seek the welfare of others because that is what I truly wish is that other fare well.   I must deal in grace and love because that is the core of who I am becoming.

No matter how small or great the kindness at its core must be a heart that is moved to render that kindness because it is what Christ would render.  It is not enough to do good for others.  My heart must be pumping with the need to do good for others.  My spirit must see the needs of others and be bent to live to meet those needs. 

It is always true for me that my difficulties in this begin with my internal dialogue.  When I fail to be loving and kind it is because I am seeking what I want or need instead of allowing Christ to care for that issue.  I must assure that my thoughts and motivations are anchored in service to others.  I must seek first to see that others are receiving the love and grace they need and believe that Christ will do the same for me.

A selfless faith must begin with an internal management of my wants and desires.  I must manage my heart and head, bringing into captivity every  thought and desire so that I can begin to root out the things that are not grounded in following Christ.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment