21 October 2013

What is Selfless Faith – My Time?

Greetings Dear Reader,

As a grandparent I want to spend as much time with my children and grandchildren as possible.  I have other things I do with my time but this is the heart of my “leisure time.”  What I have learned about this is that I must be the one that is flexible.  I must be willing to work around the schedules of the adults and the needs of the children.  I find this not to be a problem.

If I am willing to do this for people I wish to be with why do I not do it so readily for those in need?  If someone needs my assistance why do I not make that a part of my selfless faith?  I need to do this.  My time
does not belong to me.  My time belongs to God.  He has given me every moment.  If I am to follow Christ faithfully then I must be sure to give him all of my time.

This does not mean that I am not allowed leisure time or time for my own things.  It does mean that my heart must be set to use my time for the benefit of others.  Pursuits that are self-centered become wrong when they are to the neglect of those who have needs.  I am to be vigilant that my time is consumed by the things that matter to Christ.  

So many things around me ask me to only consider what I need.  I must filter those things away and instead pursue those things that balance my time between what I must do to restore my being and what needs to be done to be good to others.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment