19 October 2013

What is Selfless Faith – Prayer?

Greetings Dear Reader,

I am aware that there are many of you Dear Reader that I am may never meet.  You have found me for one reason or another and continue to read my meager ramblings.  Someone has said that some of the greatest good is to do something for someone who can do nothing in return. 

If I believe then I will pray.  If I believe then I will pray for those who neither know it nor can benefit me from knowing it.  It is an easy thing to tell someone you are praying for them.  It is another thing altogether to do it.  When I pray for situations and people that I cannot directly impact I work at changing the world through Christ.

I have made friends through media communication that I may never meet on earth.  In some ways this is the 21st century equivalent of a pen pal.  When my friend Sammi asks for prayer it does not matter that we have never spoken or met face to face.  My faithful prayer benefits her in that Christ is our common ground.

When I as my friend Sammi to pray for Owen during his heart surgery I am moving others to selfless faith.  It
may be that one of the best ways for me to grow my faith is through prayer.  All I have to gain through praying for others is deeper faith.  I must ask for God to see to their benefit.  I must assure that my heart is in tune with God’s in my love for everyone’s needs.

The very heart of this matter is that selfless faith pushes us toward seeking the good of others.  When I pray that is to be my focus.  As much as I am able I need to see that God has asked us to pray for a reason even when I do not see the benefit or outcome.  It is the prayer that is effectual.  I may not see the impact or results.  I have done well by obeying in prayer.

If my prayer is to be in faith then I must realize that it is enough sometimes to pray.  It is not always enough but if it is all I can do then I must realize that true power of it.  There is no such thing as “just pray”.  Prayer is the act of faith that calls on the Creator of All to intervene in something.  The right for me to do this exists because it was purchased for me with God’s blood.  That is reason enough for me to do it selflessly in faith.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment