24 November 2013

Preparing for Advent – What do I have – Hope

Greetings Dear Reader,

So many things about the world are heartbreaking and discouraging.  I see people who deal so much with struggles just to get through each day.  I encounter people every week who are ready to give up on dreams that mean the world to them. 

The thing that Advent gives us is hope.  The incarnation of Christ is what gives us the physical means to get to the cross.  The cross gets us to redemption, the tomb, and the resurrection.  It is all one single heroic effort to get us to hope.  Our reclamation is the first step in redeeming all of creation.

It seems that the world is so very weary at times.  It still has vast beauty and wonder.  The thing that propels me forward is hope.  Advent gives me this.  As I prepare my heart for this season of celebration I will focus on all the things that give us hope.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment