23 November 2013

Preparing for Advent – What do I have – Fellow Travelers

Greetings Dear Reader,

Even when I feel completely alone I am not.  Not only has Christ promised to always be with me, but he has given me the companionship of fellow travelers.  There are places in my life where I am very lonely.  That does not mean I am alone.

I have three children that I love deeply and with whom I enjoy great times.  I have a daughter in law that makes my heart smile.  I have two grandsons who make my heart feel young.  I have friends and coworkers who challenge and enrich me.

When I allow it, I have the support and encouragement I need.  What I often fail to do is be vulnerable enough to allow people into that place.  I need to assure that I am allowing others to travel with me when I need support.  I need to be available to the gifts and strengths they have that support me in my journey.

We are not alone in the journey.  I need to embrace this as I move toward the celebration of a time that is meant for community and togetherness.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."



1 comment:

  1. LOVE this one! You hit it on the head, when you are vulnerable enough to let others in is when they can help you.

    ReplyDelete