27 November 2013

Preparing for Advent – What is my Obligation - Love

Greetings Dear Reader,

Do we really see that God expresses his love for us in the incarnation of Christ?  As I ponder this love I see my own Sons and know that there is no way in my mind that I would give their lives for someone else.  I love them deeply and passionately.  I know that my love for them cannot begin to compare to the infinite depth of the love that the Father and the Son share.

In this is the obligation in the Advent.  In this is the great command that we are to exercise in our following.  We are to love.  We are to love God and each other.  If we focused our energy on this one thing then we would have little time for the negative things that harm others. 

If I focus on loving everyone in every situation then I can assure that I am not being selfish, self-centered, or self-serving.  As I move toward my celebration of Advent I do so with the determination to live it out with selfless, sacrificial, barrier crushing love.  By God’s grace I can do this.  I will begin by loving my family with food and a thankful heart.  I love you Dear Reader. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment