12 November 2013

Preparing for Advent – What Jesus Did – Our Commission

Greetings Dear Reader,

Often when my sons were younger I would leave them with work to do whilst I was away from the house.  Sometimes it was accomplished and sometimes not.  I loved rewarding the work that was done. 

Jesus left us with work to do.  He instructed us clearly as to what we are to be about.

Matthew 28:18-20 Indeed Jesus approached them and talked to them with this affirmation.  “The entire privilege of influence and power is bestowed upon me over heaven and earth.  As you continue on the journey you have begun instruct every individual in every gathering by immersing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.  Hold conversations with them that instruct them to guard carefully every command I have given as far as they reach.  See that I am with you every day in perpetuity until the completion of all things.

I am to be about the business of teaching others to follow Christ.  I am to do this through love, generosity, and kindness.  It is not only to be my business but my lifestyle.  Everything I undertake should be informed by this assignment.  As I approach celebrating Christ I must do so by honoring what he has required of me.

If I am not living out the commission he has given me then I am not truly celebrating Christ in any endeavor.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment