11 November 2013

Preparing for Advent – What Jesus Did – The Resurrection

Greetings Dear Reader,

The culminating reason for the incarnation of Christ is the cross.  It is not the only purpose but he had to die.  He also had to rise.  This is one of the other jumping of points for those who wish to abandon faith.  Because the resurrection can only be reasoned and not proven it requires a level of faith.

The resurrection is necessary to our redemption.  The empty tomb is our portal of hope.  Everything about this is vital to my journey.  If Christ is not risen then my hope is in vain. If there is no faith in the resurrection of Christ then there is no faith in my own reclamation and restoration to an unfallen state. 

Advent gives us the incarnation that gives us the life that is laid down at the cross.  The cross gives us the sacrifice that is accepted by God as proven by the resurrection.  If I am to prepare my heart for the Advent season then I must ponder and embrace the whole process.

I must realize the cost to God and the benefit to me.  I must walk into this season of celebration remember that we pay for the party with our dearest blood.  It is in the empty tomb that I find the hope that gives me cause to celebrate the Advent.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment