14 November 2013

Preparing for Advent – Who Am I to Christ - Loved

Greetings Dear Reader,

The most knows verse in the Bible covers this.  “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosever believeth in him shall not parish but have everlasting life.”

There is a great deal of theology that can be unpacked from this but what I wish to focus on is the motivation of God.  He loves us.  He made me and he loves me.  It is God who is the prime mover here.  He loves us.  He loves collectively and individually.  I often hear objections to God begin with, “How can a loving God…”   People go on to name some heinous thing that in their mind is outside of the character that they have assigned to God.

First of all I do not dare, as the created to assign things to my creator.  This is improper.  Second, it is this Creator that wishes to be known by his love for me.  I have two Sons that I love dearly.  I would not trade their lives for anyone else I know.  Jesus allowed his life to be traded so that he could express his love for me.

Although I celebrate the Advent of the incarnation of Christ I never do so without serious thought about the cost of this.  Birth is the beginning of death.  Cells die every moment.  Christ chose to die for the sake of those he loved.  I am loved by God.  How can I not live out the things he taught with all my heart?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."



No comments:

Post a Comment