20 December 2013

Advent – A Week of Sundays – Things Done in Secret

Greetings Dear Reader,

This may be one of the very best parts of this season for me.  I love being sneaky.  I find great joy in doing things for others that they do not know that I have done.  It is one of my Advent joys that I practice all year round.

I do not need to say much about this except to point out that this is one of the most vital aspects of giving.  When we do good in secret we get the opportunity to allow only God to reward us.  It fills me with great joy to see someone get a need met and not know how it was done.

This practice constantly reminds me that giving must come from the heart.  It must be out of joy and not obligation.  I have had several opportunities to do this in a big way this year and the moments are precious to me.

I want to challenge you Dear Reader to give it a try.  A giving spirit that is generous and selfless can fill one with an unspeakable joy that is anchored in the very heart of following Christ.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment