22 December 2013

Advent – A Week of Sundays – Waiting for the Son

Greetings Dear Reader,

As we light the fourth candle of Advent we acknowledge all the others things we have pondered in our waiting for the candle.  Faith means waiting.  If I have faith that God is moving all things toward redemption, reclamation, and re-creation then waiting for the Son is an act of joy.

The world is filled with the scars of our sin and failure to embrace the Son.  All will be forgiven and made My Grown Up Christmas List.  As I think through my heart’s desire this song captures much of it. 
new.  So as I look toward the Advent of the Son for the second time by celebrating the first one I ponder what I really wish to see.  As I was ruminating over what I really want I was reminded of a song,

The first thing I would wish for is “no more lives torn apart”.  This will be fulfilled when the Son returns all things to that state in which he intended them to exist.  I wait for a Son who does not hate or reject.  He accepts everyone where he or she is and offers so much more.  Christ promises to make all things new and good.  When the Second Advent of the Son arrives there will be no more lives torn apart.

If I am to follow Christ I must work toward the reclamation and healing of all lives.  It must be in my heart every day to see that there are hurting human souls that need love, kindness, and generosity.  Mankind must be my wish list.  My driving desire must be for every man and woman to know the love, forgiveness, and care that is in Christ.  Everything else is subtext.

So as I prepare to give gifts and celebrate with a family I love so dearly I ponder my grown up Christmas list.  I want every life to be filled with the joy of Christ.  I do not want to judge and condemn.  I want everyone to have what I have in Christ.  I want them to see pas my failures and flaws to the one who will mend the tears and dry the tears.  I wish for all things to be made new.

My Grown Up Christmas List – Written by David Foster, Performed by Michael Buble

Do you remember me? I sat upon your knee
I wrote to you with childhood fantasies
Well, I'm all grown up now and still need help somehow
I'm not a child but my heart still can dream

So here's my lifelong wish
My grown up Christmas list
Not for myself
But for a world in need

No more lives torn apart
That wars would never start
And time would heal all hearts

And everyone would have a friend
And right would always win
And love would never end, no
This is my grown up Christmas list

As children we believe
The grandest sight to see
Was something lovely
Wrapped beneath a tree

But heaven surely knows
That packages and bows
Can never heal a hurting human soul

No more lives torn apart
That wars would never start
And time would heal all hearts

And everyone would have a friend
And right would always win
And love would never end, no
This is my grown up Christmas list

What is this illusion
Called the innocence of youth
Maybe only in our blind belief
Can we ever find the truth

No more lives torn apart
That wars would never start
And time would heal all hearts

Everyone would have a friend
And right would always win
And love would never end

This is my grown up Christmas list
This is my only lifelong wish
This is my grown up Christmas list

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment