13 December 2013

Second Thoughts – The Educational Journey

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

Tonight I attended a graduation.  It was my Daughter, Christmas.  Before she came to live in my home her educational opportunities were limited.  She has worked very hard to earn her GED and tonight she completed that part of her journey.

I am so very proud of her and the journey she is on to become her own person.  Nothing about that journey is easy for her.  As an educator I am constantly aware of how vital education is to success.  I have seen her overcome fear, challenges to learning, and the constant distractions of life to achieve this goal.

I want you to know Dear Reader how proud I am of this achievement for her.  Whatever comes next for her I want to capture this moment.  I want her to know how much this means and I want her to realize the benefits of being someone who can accomplish her goals.  Learning never ends but there are milestones and this one is beautiful and sacred to me.  I find it so appropriate that Christmas reaches it so close to Christmas.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment