28 January 2014

Second Thoughts – Iced Palm Trees Please

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

I am originally from the South, Georgia to be specific.  Today my southern friends and family are being
Photo by Amanda Sue
visited by the coldest snow and ice they have seen in some years.  A friend in Pensacola, Florida posted the picture of the iced palm tree.  I have been listening to people cheer the snow and complain about the weather all day.

It put me in mind of how accustomed I have become to the cold and snow.  Three inches of snow is nothing to me and it shuts down Atlanta.  It is not a matter of anything other than being accustomed to it.  The hardships we know become the hardships we can handle. 

This pushes me to think that if I see all my difficulties in light of this that I can become better and handling them.  If I see the unusual problems as simply things to which I am not used but problems that can be handled then I can do better.  I can be more faithful and follow Christ more carefully.

I care about my friends who are unaccustomed to the frigid weather.  I hope they are safe and warm.  I would please me if they knew that their brief discomfort has given me a new insight into how I can follow Christ more closely.  

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous28/1/14 23:46

    Snow is not the issue this time. It is the fact that our Govt knew this was coming and made no preparations whatsoever. People are still out on the Highways in bumper to bumper traffic, running out of gasoline. My friends husband has been attempting to get home for 8 hours. Another has stopped at a restaurant because the traffic is still so bad. He has been I traffic for seven hours. The issue is we knew it was coming and our county and city govts did nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, I think you missed the point. We cannot blame the government for people choosing to be out when they were warned that this was coming. I feel compassion for those impacted by the weather but I have been in that situation and know that I made the choice to do so. Further my point was that we handle the problems we are used to but that I must be vigilant to handle the ones I am not used to with the same faith and grace.

    ReplyDelete