24 January 2014

What Am I Carrying – Anger

Greetings Dear Reader,

By God’s grace I have reached the point where I do not become angry as easily as I once did.  The anger pool is no longer brimming over always ready to flood.  There is, however, some deep anger that I have yet to root out. 

It is this that burdens the journey.  It is a wolf that is always at the door.  It is the tinder always wanting to catch fire.  When I am under pressure of stressed I can feel it banging against the door demanding to rule the moment. 

I must constantly find ways to forgive and restore.  I must always move on from anger to forgiveness.  Every time I keep the anger and stow it away I add burden to the journey.  It is not satisfied to sit there with its own weight and place.  It grows and gathers mass.  It infects other things.  It seeks to boil over and sing out whenever it wishes.

I must with diligence, discipline, and humility ferret out the anger and remove it from my kit.  I must not let fear and guilt allow me to hold onto it.  Anger has its place but that place must be short lived and infrequent.  That place where anger is allowed to live must be small and narrow.  It must have a short lease and a strict admission policy.

The sun must not set on my anger.  I must forgive before I seek sleep and rest.  I must empty anger from my pack daily.  I must not use my anger as an excuse to sin.  Hanging on to my anger gives a foothold to my enemy.  I must not let anger have any permanent place in my journey.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment