26 January 2014

What Am I Carrying – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

The journey is a difficult one.  The weariness of struggling with sin and assuring that I follow without being too much of anything involved in that following.  I must only embrace things vital to the gospel.

Further I must assure that I do not carry things that will make the journey more cumbersome and difficult.  Anger, fear, control, and guilt are all burdens we are not meant to carry.  When I allow them in my life I slow my progress in the journey.  Like lead they slow me and sap the energy required to do the proper things.

It becomes easier to avoid these burdens if I work at it.  It takes focus and effort not to collect things that will hinder me.  The good thing is that leaving these things behind leaves room for the things that ease the journey. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment