25 January 2014

What Am I Carrying – Control

Greetings Dear Reader,

Would you please visualize something with me for a moment?  Picture for me a perfect oak leaf that has dried and fallen from the tree.  It is captured by a gust of wind.  Sailing on this breeze it flies above the trees and journeys far beyond the forest of its origin. 

Choose the alternate to delete control
I think that I forget that if I am following Christ this is what my life is supposed to be like.  Jesus said to Nicodemus, “The wind blows where it wills and you can hear the sound of it.  You cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.  So is everyone who is carried by the Spirit of God.”

As I write this the wind is gusting outside at 20-30 miles per hour.  Snow is blowing and drifting.  The wind delivers the flotsam and jetsam of the world through the air around my house.  None of the items carried by this vast wind are in control.  If I am carried by the wind of the Spirit then it is foolish to believe that I can control anything but my obedience to the Spirit.

When I try to control things I really mess them up for myself and others.  When I try to carry control I miss the ways in which the Spirit makes moment by moment course corrections for me so that I can take each step in the journey where he wishes me to take it.  I am not able to see things as God does and I must yield to his guidance.  After all, if I am following then I must let someone lead.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment