07 January 2014

What Fuels Me – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

As I have worked through some things that I wish to address in my own life this year I have gone to the very core of what motivates me.  I spent some time listing things that I truly want in my life and how to get to them.  In order to do that, I had to choose things that I am going to remove from my life as well. 

As I pondered these things I saw that I got hung up on some things that are not healthy for me but I do them anyway.  I wondered what motivated me to be that person in that part of my life.  I realized that I had to address what fuels me in those places and by that I mean what drives me to do the things I would not.

Overall I am pondering what motivates me.  Everything I choose to devote my time to is fueled by something.  If I can address which engine is driving my choices then I can work toward only making the choices that are good for my life and following.  I can learn how to fuel only the engine that will move me closer to Christ.

As I think through these things it may seem simplistic at times.  It is, however, true that not everything about following Christ is complicated.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment