09 February 2014

Erosion – Kindness

Greetings Dear Reader,

This is one of those things that is so easy to do yet so easy to neglect.  I am always impressed with how kind my children are to people.  They see others with a simple need and will stop what they are doing to meet it.

Kindness seems to be one of those things that is greatly eroding in our society.  I listen to others in public places.   The way in which people treat each other often alarms me.  It is so easy to be kind if I choose to do so.

When I get too involved in my own schedule, work, and troubles I can be very unkind.  Failing to be kind erodes quickly into selfishness and impatience.  It costs me so little to take a moment to inject kindness into the lives of others. 

If I allow kindness to erode then both my following of Christ and my impact on others will erode as well.  I cannot follow Christ closely if I am not kind.  I cannot effectively share Christ with others if they do not see kindness in me.  I want kindness to be a natural part of my fiber.   

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment