19 February 2014

On America – Standing for What is Right

Greetings Dear Reader,

I realize that “what is right” is subjective to some people.  If you follow my writing you know that I am pretty conservative.  To me there are things that are universally right.  As a nation there have been plenty of times when we have violated what is right in the name of programs and progress.

It is wrong that in the essence of it that some things happen.  Standing for what is right as a nation has to be the work of individuals standing for what is right.  How can we ever hope to be grate when we permit there to be 600,000 homeless people and 68,000 of them are military veterans.

We cannot call our nation great when we do not agree that everyone deserves healthcare.  I do not think the current system is a good one.  A great nation would be fighting over the best way to provide it and not whether or not to provide it.  Do not try to tell me that we are doing good by denying health care to a child with cancer. 

It is immoral to decide if someone deserves the same healthcare as you based on your position on his or her
morality. Again, I am very conservative in most of my beliefs but do you realize who Jesus cared for.  He cared for sinners.  He insulted and challenged those who thought they were righteous.  He made it very clear that we are all equal in God’s eyes.  Our equality is that we are all fallen and in need of God’s love and redemption. 

Everything about the human trafficking industry disgusts me.  We cannot be great if we allow it: Full stop.  Men and women are bought and sold daily in this country for domestic, sexual, and drug slavery.  A great nation would end it now. 

I can go on but you get the picture.  If I am to follow Christ in making our nation one he can bless then I must not allow any of this.  Anyone who wishes to consider our nation great will realize that standing for what is right is what makes greatness.  I am not saying that you have to believe what I believe.  That is between you and God.  We do, however, need to agree that slavery, homelessness, poverty, and healthcare are a few issues that are shameful if neglected. 

If we ever hope to be great we cannot allow these things to continue. I cannot allow them to be acceptable.  It is time that we remembered that certain things must not be neglected or politicized.  We must stand for what is right by standing next to those we disagree with on others issues to do what is right no matter the cost.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment