08 March 2014

Bumper Sticker Religion – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

We all find ways to shout out how we feel about things.  One could argue that this blog is such a shout.  I find that bumper stickers leave me little choice in hearing someone else’s opinion on a topic.

I find most of the political and religious slogans intolerant in some way.  I do find humorous non-social bumper stickers enjoyable.  I do have a desire to go to Wall Drugs in South Dakota just because I have seen bumper stickers for it in almost every place I have lived.  Food bumper stickers make me hungry.  The worst are when they promote a food I love but cannot obtain locally.  Those should have to be covered at the state line.

I do not think that we can solve anything through bumper sticker religion.  I will close with two things.  The first is that if as a Christ follower I choose to sticker my bumper I had better be sure that my message is in line with Christ’s.  I cannot afford any hypocrisy.  I cannot indulge my position on anything at the expense of being un-loving to anyone else.

Finally there is one bumper sticker I saw that I truly loved.  It simply read, “The Voices in my Head tell me What to Write.”  As someone who seeks to only write with his own voice this is completely true.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment