01 March 2014

Nostalgic Moments

Greetings Dear Reader,

I do not like it when my children are ill.  The same helplessness that I felt when they were little grips me.  Once when they were still in single digits both boys contracted the chicken pox.  Bezel had a mild case but Maxim had them everywhere including the bottoms of his feet and in his throat.  He had some days of real misery.

During those days I sat on the floor and cooled his feet with damp cloth. Then I just sat there with him while he distracted himself with Nintendo video games.  I loved the moments of just being there with him.

Yesterday morning he called me.  He had gotten food poisoning and his wife is away on military duty.  I got to spend the day with him whilst he rested and played the same video game he played as a child.  It evoked feelings in me of such deep love just to be there for him.

It made me wonder how often the Father simply wishes to just be there for me when I am troubled.  He only wants me to ask for his presence and comfort.  He wants to be a loving father to me.

Both good and ill have passed between Maxim and I.  We had some tenuous times.  We have moved past most of it.  I love him dearly and it moved me deeply to get his call yesterday and be a loving father to him.  How much more then does God wish to do the same for me?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."


No comments:

Post a Comment