17 March 2014

On Apologetics – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I am concerned about the trends I see in those who share my faith.  I am supposed to be able to give an answer for the hope that I have.  I can and often do give those answers.  My concern is that I do that with love and humility.

In the past I have offended my eldest Son.  I have hurt him because I have not engaged in discussion with him on this issue.  It is not until recently that I could explain this.  I have a difficult time with anger and humility when it comes to theology.  I own my Son an apology for not sooner explaining this so her it is.  It is not a lack of desire to engage him but rather my own fear that I will alienate him through my own weaknesses.  I publically ask for your forgiveness Son. 

That said, I must address the issues that seem to be extent in our culture if I am to follow Christ with all my heart.  I feel that there is a vast difference between being an apologist for my faith and using apologetics to further my faith.  I am not attempting to engage in arguments about my faith but rather to give an honest answer for why I have faith. 

I will read and respond to any questions or discussion.  I will not argue or Bible thump.  I am trying to openly work through some things so that I can give reasons for the hope I possess to others.  I will begin by discussing what an apologist should be and proceed from there.  I welcome the company as I travel.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment: