24 March 2014

On Apologetics – I believe God exists – Intelligent Design

Greetings Dear Reader,

First let me say that I value science.  I think that people who dedicate their lives to research and discovery provide us with many things of value.  I think it disrespectful to dismiss or discount an honest scientific endeavor.

I also think that if we are honest that we need to lengthen the list of things we cannot explain.  I realize that we gain knowledge in the areas of physics, astrophysics, and astronomy at a rapid pace.  I value all of these discoveries and find them amazingly beautiful.

I also think that historically those who believe in God are guilty of harming and persecuting scientists in the name of religion.  This is extremely wrong.   This has led some people in the scientific community doing the same to those who see a created origin at a viable possibility. 

Simply put, we cannot prove that God does not exist.  To say that the complexities of some things suggest a designer is an honest statement.  We line up on either side of the issue instead of working together to honestly research both probabilities.  Honest research does not care about the outcome.

Because there are things in the universe that suggest a designer I choose to believe that there is one.  My mind cannot align that everything that exists is a vast cosmic accident with the truth.  I think that an honest scientist would not have an issue with this.  I do think he would have an issue with what I do with that belief.

This puts me in mind that I must not let my faith be something that can be pointed at as a detriment to belief.  If I claim to believe then I must live in such a way as to make the belief something others value in me.  If I could prove beyond the need for faith the existence of God but then used that to treat others badly then my proof has no value.

If I am wrong and still treat others with love and respect then I lost nothing.  If I am right then it is the designer whom I must follow and not scoff at those who do not.  I must honor the work or science with integrity.  I must also concede and remember that none of us has all the answers.  If I believe in an intelligent designer who is all knowing and all powerful then I should not feel threatened by those who do not.  I should love the respect them for the work they do and trust that all things will unfold as they should.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment