10 March 2014

Ripples in a Pond – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

In the move Jurassic Park, one of the Characters, Malcolm is a proponent of Chaos theory.  He explains how everything is connected.  I remember as a child throwing stones into a still pond just to watch the ripples.  I love the sound of echoes thrown down a gorge of canyon.

It occurs to me more often how my life is all of these things.  I create ripples and echoes with what I do.  I see how none of my actions are expressed in a vacuum.  As I work through ending bad habits and cultivating good ones I am forced to see how past bad actions still echo in the lives of others.

 In the midst of learning about forgiveness and reconciliation is the understanding the my realization of my sin and doing things to change my behavior does not erase the ripples of my past actions.  This is both positive and negative. 

There are ripples that I see that are a result of my failures.   I cannot stop them and the echoes haunt me daily.  I am also begging to see ripples where I have done well.  I need to embrace both the responsibility for the negative ones and with humility the beauty of the positive ones.

There is no way around the truth that my life impacts the lives of others whether I wish it or not.  I must assure that I create those echoes and ripples with intent.  I must be vigilant over my actions and practices in a way that enhances that which I create in others.  I must own my failures without excuse and seek to mend the damage done.

As I think through this aspect of my journey I hope you find something that will echo in you that is positive.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment