13 March 2014

Ripples in a Pond – Ripples Return to Us

Greetings Dear Reader,

The Túngara Frog uses ripples to attract his mate.  His throat expands as he croaks sending ripples through the water so his mate can locate him.  While this looks odd to me it is the ripples of sound and water that allow him to be found and to find Froggy love.

When we send out ripples into the world they return to us.  We benefit or suffer loss due to those ripples.  We can always control what we send out.  It is our choice.  We cannot control perceptions or interpretations.  We can always be sure that what we put out is intended to attract what we wish in our lives.

As a Christ follower I am required to be vigilant over the message I send to others.  It cannot be anything less than the message that Christ intends.  I did not say more because if I add any baggage to the Gospel then I am creating a lesser message.  I cannot tell anyone else how to live his or her life.

I can send out ripples of love, compassion, and generosity.  I can create waves of kindness and understanding.  What I must not do is send out ripples of judgment, rejection, and hatred.

Perhaps the deep fissure that the church has with the rest of humanity is in part due to the ripples sent out by sending waves of judgment and rejection to the world.  If I do these things then will I not receive back the cancerous produce of those actions?

I must send out all the ripples of inviting love and kindness possible.  It is after all what I wish to receive as well.
  
Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment