17 April 2014

Holy Week 2014 – Four Days

Greetings Dear Reader,

So many images allow me to place myself in the upper room.  God has given me the gift of imagination and vivid understanding.  I have been in a room where I knew those around me were betraying my trust.  I have been handed over.

The difference is that I was at least partially guilty.  Even in the garden Christ seeks to avoid what is to come.  He feels the grief, pain, and weight of what he is undertaking.  He asks his friends to remain awake and pray with him.  They will not even do this.

The night is a progression of increasing solitude.  The time slips through the glass and becomes full.  Everything will change for all eternity.  In the darkness of that garden is the chance for there to be a new dawn.

My sin causes all of this; not mine alone but still mine.  My failures to do right bring this event.  My rejection of who Christ is and what he should mean to me in every moment bring this moment.  The first blood spilled is from pain and grief as the eternal Son begins the temporary separation from the Father he loves. 

Fathers and Sons fail each other and rifts, fissures, and separations occur because of sin.  This Father and this Son have ever been in harmony of thought and action.  They have never been separated.  They will, however, for the sake of all other Fathers and Sons, Mothers and Daughters; for the sake of me and my Sons and Daughters endure separation on the grandest possible scale.

It is not lost on me that the sin which started in another garden in another place and time is being redressed in this garden.  It begins here in this garden.  It is for me.  It is for my children.  It is for every parent and every child that this great pain is allowed.  How can I give anything less than all that I am in response?

The Garden – Michael Card

Trembling with fear, alone in the garden
Battle before the final war
Blood became tears, there in the garden
To fall upon the silent stone
There in the darkness the Light
And the darkness stood still
Two choices, one tortured will
And there once the choice had been made
All the world could be saved by the One in the garden

The light of the dawn, was seen in the garden
By gentle eyes so sadly wise
The angels appear, they come to the garden
Clothed with sighs, they realize
The One they adored from the start
Will be broken apart
By the ones He had come to save
So they're here simply now to be near
He's no longer alone; they sit by him and moan

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment