20 April 2014

Holy Week 2014 – One Day…

Greetings Dear Reader,

Christ is risen.  He is risen indeed.

I am not sure why I woke up at two in the morning today.  I am sure my first thought was of the Resurrection.  I will wait in the darkness for sunrise.  I have always been one to stand watch and it suits me.

What unfolds always amazes me.  The sun will rise.  The soldiers will faint.  The Son will rise. The Son of God will appear to Mary.  He will visit his disciples and allay their fears.

The Pharisees will lie, but he is risen indeed.

The soldiers, risking death will say they fell asleep on watch but he is risen indeed.

Thomas will doubt, but Christ is risen indeed.

The disciples will attempt to return to fishing then they will change the world because Christ is risen indeed.

I believe it all.  I think about the risen Christ all year round.  For me it is the hinge on which swung the door of faith.  With Paul I echo the words, “If Christ is not risen from the dead then our faith is in vain.”

He is risen indeed.  Do I live like he is?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment